Today marks infusion number four on this new clinical trial. I’ve already had my labs drawn and seen my oncology team. I’m currently waiting on my orders to go through and for the pharmacy to send up my drugs. As Mercedes said, “As soon as we have that we’ll get this show on the road.”
Dr. Pishvaian was in a meeting this morning so I got to talk to Eunice at length about my last 3 CT scans. The most recent one showed quite a bit of fluid built up around the left lung again. It was surprising to see the difference between last weeks scan and the one I had in September and in October. It’s obvious from the timeline that once it starts to build up it does so rather rapidly. Funny thing is they can’t hear anything using a stethoscope even knowing there is a fluid build up. Thankfully I’ve been able to notice the change and been able to point it out to them.
I also asked Eunice about the cancer tumors and if they’ve decreased in size or if there is anything new showing up. The one lymph node has slightly decreased in size. The nodule in my lower left lung was obscured by the fluid build up so Eunice is asking the radiologist to try and look at it again and see if they can get a measurement. There is one new something showing up in the upper right lung but at this point it’s not big enough for them to make any determination – just something to note and watch right now.
On a whole other note the recent CT scan not only brought up the issue of the fluid around my lung but also that the stent I had put in back in May has become clotted at the top end. Tomorrow morning the DW and I come back to Georgetown to meet with Dr. Cardella and see about having the clot “roto-rooted” out. If all goes well and I’m feeling up to it afterwards I’ll then head up to see Dr. Vinayak and get the lung drained. It’s going to be a very long day. Hopefully I’ll feel a great improvement by this weekend.
As always it’s never a dull moment.