We’re in the Army Again

Well no we’re not, but boy did yesterday feel like it. Anyone who’s been in the military is more than painfully familiar with the phrase “hurry up and wait”. By the time you’re through with basic training your level of patience has been raised to an entirely new level than when you entered the service. Waiting and biding ones time becomes just something you do because, well because there’s nothing you can do about it. You can kvetch all you want but it’s not going to speed up the process even one iota.

So yesterday I skirted heavier than normal traffic fighting my way down to Georgetown so I could be one of the first in to the infusion ward. After all first in first out right? Not necessarily. Oh yes I got in toot sweet getting my blood drawn right away and was then sent down to see Dr. Pishvaian. Unfortunately I didn’t have an appointment with the good doctor and so the waiting began. And wait, and wait some more. I’d have taken a nap but I snore like a chain saw and that just would not have been appreciated, so I sat there nodding and head snapping myself back awake for the next two hours. (sigh)

I got back upstairs to 5 North where I get my infusion and now we have to wait for the doctors orders to be confirmed and the medicine to be created. I finally started my 1 hour infusion at noon. I then had to wait till 3:00 to have a blood draw so they could check how everything was going and then wait another hour just for observation. Talk about a full day of waiting.

You can bet that I darn well made sure to have an appointment set for the next time. I’m coming to see you at 8:55 AM doc and no waiting around monkey shine this time. 🙂

2013-11-18T15:19:07-04:00 November 5th, 2013|Categories: Cancer Update|2 Comments


  1. Rose Blondell November 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm

    That sounds like one long day! Next time will be better.


  2. Sherry November 9, 2013 at 12:25 pm

    When Garo was in treatment, I bought him a new laptop so that he would have somethin to do during the infusion. His were 5 or 6 hours because he had to be pretreated with a drip due to an allergic reaction to the chemo. He never brought it with him though. I think they must have used benedril because he mostly slept. Maybe he snored too. He does at home, but I don’t think so if he’s sitting up. I bet you don’t snore sitting up. i’ve never heard you in churh. 🙂

    I hope you’re taking the new drugs well. What are the side effects?

Leave A Comment

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com